Pages

Thursday 26 July 2012

50 Shades of Monotonous



So after all the hype about E.L James’ trilogy, I finally decided to find out what all the fuss was about. To be honest I found Fifty Shades of Grey very interesting and intense…James managed to describe things I wouldn’t dare mention…HOWEVER, when I moved on to the second book, I started to get a bit bored.

It was almost the same as the first book…I mean the intensity and vivid descriptions were still there but there was nothing new or exciting anymore…I just knew what to expect as I flipped the pages. We all get interested when discussions are raised about sex; but really, is that all there is to life? What about comedy and suspense?


I stopped reading it, and now I have moved on to Godplayer by Robin Cook…and it is so far quite enjoyable. J


In other news, the sun finally decided to show its face again after weeks of rain and wind and we have made use of it. We (members of the Clearing team) had a lovely picnic after work and a game of rounders. It was really fun! This weekend, some friends and I are having a BBQ-It is probably not going to be as hot as the last couple of days-it might even rain; but there’s no stopping us!

I have been working all week so there is not much happening in my life but I do hope everyone else is having a restful/fun/profitable summer!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment